SLOW COOKER BBQ BEEF - COOKS ILLUSTRATED BAKING - DANE COOK ISOLATED INCIDENT TRANSCRIPT.
Slow Cooker Bbq Beef
- A slow cooker, Crock-Pot (a US trademark that is often used generically), or Slo-Cooker (a UK trade mark that is often used generically) is a countertop electrical cooking appliance that maintains a relatively low temperature compared to other cooking methods (such as baking, boiling, and frying
- A countertop electrical cooking appliance that cooks food with low, steady, moist heat. It consists of a lidded round or oval cooking pot made of glazed ceramic or porcelain, surrounded by a housing, usually metal, containing a thermostatically controlled electric heating element.
- cattle that are reared for their meat
- meat from an adult domestic bovine
- A cow, bull, or ox fattened for its meat
- The flesh of a cow, bull, or ox, used as food
- Flesh or muscle, typically when well developed
- gripe: complain; "What was he hollering about?"
- (BBQs) A protable BBQ is available on request
- Barbecue or barbeque (common spelling variant) (with abbreviations BBQ, Bar-B-Q and Bar-B-Que; and diminutive form barbie, used chiefly in Australia and New Zealand; and called Braai in South Africa) is a method and apparatus for cooking meat with the heat and hot smoke of a fire, smoking wood,
- To barbecue; barbecue
tripe is GOOD! -- Yeongju Cultural Festival: beef soup....with tripe and some other things
this was before I added the red paste and the tiny shrimp
I had an hour for dinner at the festival. I wanted beef soup but when I got to the tent I realized that I actually had to order verbally since they don't have a menu and no samples to point to. I have never ordered anything before besides kimbap...(I usually point and use my finger to show how many)...
anyway, M was at home (I was working)...so I was like...ok...I'll attempt to order. read the text, said it in my head a couple of times (luckily the letters were simple). I did it and it worked. But I guess next time I have to say I want 1 order even though it's clear that I want just one since I was by myself.
Anyway, speaking of being by myself. I tried getting a table but they were all so big...table for 6 or more...so I finally found a spot near the front of the tent...when I was about to sit down this old lady sat down at the same table. So we had dinner together and even share side dishes. You might think it's weird..sharing side dishes...dipping your chopsticks into the same dish..but when you met people and are getitng to know them it's the same thing. anyway , it felt surreal. It was a good experience. Even though I didn't speak her language we communicated...I don't know how. She looked out for me and I for her. I gave her some chopsticks and spoon..I figured that since in Korean culture you let the elder start eating first that I should also give her the utensils first. I didn't know that I was supposed to put the shrimp and red paste in my soup until she gave them to me.
At one point I was dying from the hot peppers..she laughed and said something. When she finished she got up and said something like "enjoy your meal." I said, "thank you." though I'm not sure that's what they say Korea. I think they just say, "yes." anyway, I have a video. Will post it tomorrow.
Yeongju Cultural Festival October 2008 - Korea
Flour Tortillas with Spicy Beef
Saturday dinner, 40degreeC Shanghai. Couldn't think of anything to eat but flour tortillas.
With Spicy beef/apple/sweet egg/onion...and etc...
Colona or Tequila?
(sigh...too bad I can't have either...)
Ingredients:( make 6 wraps)
100g Strong flour
100g Weak flour
0.5tsp Baking powder
2TBSP Pure cane sugar
Pinch of salt
1 TBSP Olive oil or white sesami oil
6-7 TBSP Water in room temp.
1. mix everthing together except for water, mix well evenly
2. add in water and knead to form a dough
3. cover with wet towel and weak up for 30-60 mins
4. cut the dough into 6 parts
5. roll out round about 18 cm
6. bake in the pan with gentle fire , heat up each side for 1-2 mins
no oil needed in the pan
7. wrap up anything you love to go with it.....=)
presto 6 qt pressure cooker
ultimate slow cooker
slow cooker roast beef and vegetables
moosewood restaurant cooking for health
slow cooker beef chuck roast recipes
homemade chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe
cookie cut out recipes
how to cook brisket in oven